The sportsbook integrates sports betting opportunities into the Yahoo Sports and Yahoo Fantasy apps and desktop formats. Fans nationwide can access betting odds across a variety of sports, and users can play free and paid games on the Yahoo Fantasy platform.
Yahoo Sportsbook, powered by BetMGM, announced Thursday its expansion to Arizona following its recent launch in Wyoming. Come-of-age bettors in each state can click through the odds on Yahoo Sports and the Yahoo Sports app to place bets through the BetMGM platform.
The offering integrates sports betting opportunities into the Yahoo Sports and Yahoo Fantasy apps and desktop formats.
Fans nationwide can view betting odds across a variety of sports, and all users can also check out all the free and paid games on the Yahoo Fantasy platform. Users can get started with Yahoo Fantasy Slate to make free predictions for a chance to win weekly prizes.
The Yahoo Sports app is available for download on iOS or Google Play, or visit sports.yahoo.com to get started.
The announcement comes on the heels of the launch of a series of new initiatives, designed to innovate the fantasy football experiences, including:
- Season-long partnership with Los Angeles Chargers running back, fantasy star, and Gridiron Gaming Group founder Austin Ekeler: Ekeler will create and star in weekly fantasy show titled "Ekeler's Edge", spotlighting fantasy players. The new programming will co-stream throughout the season on Wednesdays from September 8th across Yahoo Sports as well as its associated social platforms including TikTok, and Ekeler's channels, including his popular Twitch channel (Twitch.tv/AustinEkeler) to reach his avid fantasy fans.
- First- Ever Yahoo Fantasy Football Championship: An in-person competition combining the digital and physical experience for fantasy fans to compete for over $200K in prizes at the inaugural Yahoo Fantasy Football Championship at the MGM National Harbor Resort & Casino in Maryland
- Yahoo Fantasy Plus: The premium subscription service from Yahoo Sports introduces the "Trade Hub".
- Largest Daily Fantasy contests, now shark-free: The biggest DFS contests on Yahoo Sports are now shark-free, enhancing the experience for fantasy fans
- Draft Together: The popular new feature from Yahoo Fantasy that enables fans to draft together though video chat, launches for fantasy football this season.
- New Gaming Programming: Yahoo Sports will launch "Yahoo Sportsbook Live" on the award winning Fantasy Football Live, a new live gaming program designed to help football fans make real time bets during the crucial halftime window this season, which will debut across Yahoo Sportsbook, Yahoo Fantasy and Yahoo Sports social channels every Sunday at 11:30am PT
Yahoo and BetMGM have been partners since October 2019. The partnership builds upon Yahoo’s core strategy to connect content and discovery to transactions. Both companies plan to further collaborate to include betting and content experiences like live events and productions. Yahoo Sportsbook will continue to expand and will become available to fans in other states where sports betting is legal.