International edition
September 21, 2021

A Hong Kong-based company, for $2.19 billion

South Korean game developer Netmarble acquires social casino SpinX

South Korean game developer Netmarble acquires social casino SpinX
The new deal is expected to be completed in September and it aims at strengthening Netmarble’s global business competitiveness, as reported in a regulatory filing.
South Korea | 08/02/2021

SpinX Games operates mobile casino content, including slot machine games, and reported $285.99 million in Q2 revenue this year. The new deal is expected to be completed in September. Netmarble, which previously acquired US-based game developer Kabam, aims at diversifying its portfolio by adding casual gaming content.

S

outh Korean game developer Netmarble Corp has bought Hong Kong-based social casino game company SpinX Games for an estimated $2.19 billion.

The acquisition has been done through its holding company based in the Cayman Islands and announced on Monday. Lee Seung-Won, head of Netmarble, said: “On top of the mainstay role-playing game company, the company has diversified its portfolio by adding other casual gaming content.”

This strategy will strengthen Netmarble’s global business competitiveness, as reported in a regulatory filing.

SpinX Games operates mobile casino content, including slot machine games, and was established in 2014. The company offers apps such as “Cash Frenzy”, “Latcher Slot” and “Jackpot World”, and reported $285.99 million in revenue as of end-second quarter of this year. SpinX is currently servicing 7 games in more than 80 countries.

The new deal is expected to be completed in September and it follows Netmarble’s acquisition of US-based game developer Kabam Inc. in a deal estimated at $868 million in 2017, and the acquisition of a 25.1% stake in Coway last year.

Netmarble is expected to pay 80% of the transaction price first, and the remaining 20% in installments over four years.

Leave your comment
Newsletter Subscription
Subscribe to receive the latest news and updates
Enter a valid email
Complete the captcha
Thank you for registering to our newsletter.