asino owner applicants must provide evidence that that they have entered into a project labor agreement which conforms to requirements of the Project Labor Agreements Act. The agreements will apply to employees engaged in construction and will also ensure the protection of Illinois jobs by eliminating the ability to bring in out-of-state workers at low wages.
“Expanding access to economic opportunity through high quality jobs has been priority since Day 1 for this administration,” said Gov. Pritzker. “SB 1360 meets that commitment while establishing a process that gives all hardworking men and women certainty and safe treatment.”
“With this initiative, Illinois is working to create jobs and ensuring good paying jobs stay in downstate,” said state Sen. Rachelle Crowe, D-Glen Carbon. “By upholding promises to our local labor unions, we can express our appreciation for their local contributions.”
“This legislation is about protecting Illinois jobs, and about keeping good paying jobs downstate,” commented Assistant Majority Leader Jay Hoffman, D-Belleville. “I’m glad that this critical measure will ensure that we uphold our promises to our local labor unions.”
Required contents of project labor agreements include:
• Goals for apprenticeship hours to be performed by underrepresented minorities and women.
• Procedures for resolving jurisdiction labor disputes and grievances.
• Ensuring a reliable source of skilled and experienced labor.
• Guarantees against strikes and lockouts.
• Allowing the selection of the lowest qualified responsible bidder, without regard to union or non-union status at other construction sites.
• Binding all contractors and subcontractors on the project through appropriate bid specifications in all relevant bid documents.
Renewed casino license applications are required to cover wages, benefits and other compensation in the project labor agreement.
Any pending new casino application before the Illinois Gaming Board must provide evidence of the project labor agreement within 30 days after the effective date.