Developed in accordance with guidelines provided by Hard Rock International and the Atlantic City Casino Industry's Summary Plan of Proposed Reopening Protocols, the new program includes mandated masks and temperature checks for guests and team members, as well as increased quality of air circulation.
Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Atlantic City announced on Wednesday that the property will reopen under new and thorough 'Safe + Sound' program guidelines to help ensure good clean fun at the resort destination.
"Hard Rock and Seminole Gaming have made a tremendous commitment to sanitary protocols and a safety-first mentality for both guests and team members," said Jim Allen, CEO of Seminole Gaming and Chairman of Hard Rock International. "We are making sure our resorts are safe and sound so our guests and team members have peace of mind when they return."
The 'Safe + Sound' Reopening Plan and Protocols have been developed in accordance with guidelines provided by Hard Rock International and adopts the Atlantic City Casino Industry's Summary Plan of Proposed Reopening Protocols in effort to take a responsible and conservative approach in providing a safe, secure and fun environment.
"We look forward to welcoming back our loyal guests and team members for an exciting summer at the Jersey Shore. Our top priority over the last several months was diligently developing new 'Safe + Sound' protocols ensuring a comfortable environment to stay, play and work. Included in those protocols is the requirement for all to wear masks and have their temperature scanned with thermal imaging technology before entering the property," said Joe Lupo, President of Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Atlantic City. "Creating the 'Safe + Sound' protocols, implementing detailed training programs and carefully cleaning the property will provide the most thorough and responsible approach in Atlantic City, providing good clean fun for all."
Safe + Sound guidelines and property updates include:
Personal Protection Guidelines
- All guests and team members will be required to wear masks or cloth face coverings that meet CDC guidelines, except when eating or drinking. Masks will be provided to guests, as needed.
- Appropriate social distancing requirements in gaming and non-gaming areas will be required and enforced by all team members, which will include over 750 signs posted throughout the complex to help ensure adherence to 'Safe + Sound' Program guidelines.
- Over 200 hand sanitizer dispensers will be placed in all high-traffic, high-visibility areas such as key guest and team member entrances and contact areas such as valet, porte cochere, reception areas, hotel lobby, casino floor, restaurant entrances, meeting and convention spaces, elevator landings, pools, and exercise areas.
- Thermal Imaging provided by CERTIFY's SnapXT will take the temperature of all guests and team members entering the property.
- Points of entry will be limited to allow the Security Team to conduct temperature screenings. Those who display a temperature of 100.4°F or greater will be escorted to a designated area for a secondary temporal temperature screening. Those have a temperature of 100.4°F or greater will not be authorized entry to the property.
- The Hard Rock Atlantic City Security Team will be specially trained and responsible for all temperature checks, monitoring entrances/exits, reminding guests and team members of social distancing requirements, managing line queueing, and distributing PPE as well as ensuring that everyone is following the required PPE protocols.
Safe + Sound Clean Team
- More than 100 team members will be part the 'Safe + Sound' Clean Team to focus on cleaning and disinfecting surfaces throughout the complex, with special emphasis on high-touch surfaces and common areas. They will be clearly visible with a lime green uniform stating, "Clean Team."
- The team will focus especially on the deep cleaning of all gaming surfaces, chips, hotel rooms, restaurants, pool and public areas.
- A designated member from each department will meet with the 'Safe + Sound' Committee weekly to proactively monitor, communicate and enhance protocols.
Property & Gaming Changes
- The property has purchased over 1,000 new air filters that are frequently changed out in common areas throughout the building, with 100% outside air flow into the building which increases the quality of air circulation.
- The air quantity within Hard Rock Atlantic City provides approximately 10 to 12 air changes per hour, maximizing the exchange of fresh air.
- The property is working closely with AtlantiCare to provide a more thorough and responsible approach in COVID-19 related matters, including contact tracing, training, telehealth and more.
- The hotel will follow thorough and upgraded cleaning guidelines that includes frequent disinfecting of high touch areas as instructed by the CDC, WHO and local officials to ensure good clean fun.
- Plexiglass will be installed in the following areas: Front Desk, Cage, Wildcard Services, Sportsbook, Box Office and select Table Games.
- Guests or related guests will be required to adhere to one vacant position between slot machines and table games played unless related or together in a group. Limited occupancy based on game will take place to allow for social distancing.
- There will be a reduction in guest capacity throughout the casino that will be posted at each venue.
- Due to occupancy restrictions, guests must be 21+ to visit Hard Rock Atlantic City unless they have a hotel or restaurant reservation.
- Shows will remain dark and the Fresh Harvest Buffet will remain closed until further notice.
Team Member Protocols
- All team members will receive general health and hygiene training on COVID-19 sanitization protocols followed by a comprehensive position-specific training of their new Standard Operating Procedures.
- All team members will be required to complete a health questionnaire, prior to returning to work and before entering the property daily.
Protective equipment will be provided to team members whose responsibilities require them as determined by health officials.
- A 'Safe + Sound' Committee has been created to oversee compliance of sanitization, social distancing, and reopening protocols.
- Team members will go through thorough training and will enforce and communicate required CDC guidelines.