AT Expo 2020, powered by FADJA Colombia, announced Monday new dates for the Gaming & Technology Week and Gaming & Technology Expo, which was postponed last week due to coronavirus global health crisis.
In a press release, the organizing company 3A Producciones said the academic activities will run across July 6 and 7, while the commercial tradeshow is now scheduled for July 8 and 9.
Last Thursday, organizers said that in order to prioritize the national and international exhibitors and visitors health protection, it has been decided to postpone the Gaming Week, the professionalization courses of the Totally Gaming Academy, complementary academic, corporate and networking events, originally scheduled to take place on April 21-24, 2020.
The new dates were set to be defined in the following 72 hours taking into account the calendar of events of the Cartagena de Indias Convention Center in the coming months and the annual schedule of events in the gaming industry.
“We want to thank exhibitors of land-based and online games, our Sponsors, Clarion Gaming, national authorities, industry associations: Asojuegos, Cornazar, Camazar, Fecoljuegos and Fedelco, specialized media, visiting entrepreneurs,business partners and the Cartagena de Indias Convention Center, your solidarity and support at this unexpected moment,” they said in a statement.
The move comes amid a global health emergency generated by COVID-19, a virus that is already in more than 115 countries, declared a pandemic by the World Health Organization. The organizing company of GAT Expo 2020 said it has been promptly complying with all stages of marketing, production and logistics, personalized and massive communications, presence in social media and permanent support for exhibitors and sponsors in their requirements and will continue to do so until the successful holding of the event.
They noted that recent measures taken by the Government of Colombia to contain the virus include the obligation of a 14-day isolation for the entry and exit of international travelers from China, Italy, Spain and France, issued by Resolution of the Ministry of Health and Social Protection N ° 0000380 of March 10 and the ban on holding events that gather more than 500 people, announced by the President of Colombia, Iván Duque Márquez, and the Ministry of Health.