Copag appoints Ana Carolina Corte Real Gonçalves as its new CEO and EVP LatAm | Yogonet International
Ricardo Albino Gonçalves joined the executive board of the Cartamundi Group

Copag appoints Ana Carolina Corte Real Gonçalves as its new CEO and EVP LatAm

Despite the changes implemented, the partnership spanning over 15 years between the Gonçalves family (the founders of Copag) and Cartamundi continues.
2019-04-05
Brazil
Reading time 1:34 min
Cartamundi is now the majority shareholder with 75% of Copag’s shares; the Gonçalves Family hold the remaining 25%. Corte Real Gonçalves is taking over both the position of CEO and a global position as EVP Latam / CEO Brazil – a member of Cartamundi’s executive committee.

The Cartamundi Group, one of the biggest in the playing cards, card games and board games sector in the world, announced some changes to the company’s executive board, such as the transition of the former CEO Ricardo Albino Gonçalves to the executive board member, and his position being taken over by Ana Carolina Corte Real Gonçalves. “I´m extremely proud to have Ana Carolina as a member of one of the most important boards in the entire Group. She is a key player in relation to the influence we intend to exercise in Brazil and Latin America,” explains Cartamundi’s CEO, Stefaan Merckx.

Despite the changes implemented, the successful partnership spanning over 15 years between the Gonçalves family (the founders of Copag) and Cartamundi continues. Cartamundi is now the majority shareholder with 75% of Copag’s shares; the Gonçalves Family hold the remaining 25%.

Ricardo Albino Gonçalves officially joined the board of directors on the first day of 2019. “We thank him for all these years of absolute dedication, respect and exemplary work for Copag. We know that Ricardo has huge merit in bringing the company to the level it has attained,” Corte Real Gonçalves acknowledges on behalf of everyone at Copag.

She will be taking over both the position of CEO and a global position as EVP Latam / CEO Brazil – a member of Cartamundi’s executive committee. The company states she is regarded as “a name among the new generation who deserves to be at the very top of the group, with her modernistic and innovative vision and attitude with regard to CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility).”

“It’s a great honour to assume such an important position at a company such as Copag, belonging to a Group such as Cartamundi. I would like to thank everyone for their trust and I am prepared for the challenge, particularly due to my predecessor having been such a wonderful example and due to having a team and people like ours,” comments the new CEO of Copag.

Leave your comment:
Subscribe to our newsletter
Enter your email to receive the latest news