Intralot SA announced its financial results for the six-month period ending June 30th, 2016, prepared in accordance with IFRS.
- Significant EBITDA growth of 17.1% in 2Q16 (+33.4% in constant currency); boosting 1H16 EBITDA increase to 10.9% (+26.0% in constant currency).
- EBITDA margin expanded by 50bps to 13.4% in 2Q16 and by 100bps to 14.0% in 1H16 compared to the corresponding periods of 2015.
- Group Revenues up 13.3% in 2Q16 (+26.2% in constant currency); bringing 1H16 revenues growth to 2.9% (+15.4% in constant currency).
- Adjusting for the effects from M&A transaction, net debt remained relatively stable for the third consecutive quarter.
The Company took the following important steps in implementing strategic initiatives, which are in line with our strategy to create, in selected countries, strategic partnerships with strong local partners that offer substantial synergies and local market know-how, strengthening the development of the local business and to expand our gaming product portfolio:
- In 2Q16 the merger of company's Italian activities with Gamenet was completed.
- In Peru the company reached an agreement with Nexus Group to sell 80% of INTRALOT de Peru.
- In July 2016 the firm completed the acquisition of a strategic stake in a leading gaming company in Bulgaria, Eurobet.
- In August INTRALOT announced that it has entered into discussions with Tatts for a potential sale of INTRALOT’s Australian and New Zealand businesses.
- New products and services that have been recently developed and installed to various clients include:
- Canvas, a proprietary CMS solution for online Betting, Lottery and Interactive Games
- Remote Gaming Server delivering e-Instants and Games on-Demand or on-Premise to clients
- Interactive Gaming Platform, a CRM platform segmenting and managing customer behavior
- Mobile applications (iOS, Android) with push notifications and real money gaming
- Self Service Terminals (SST), the next generation of self-service terminals for autonomous play, following the success of the first generation machines in the US
Commenting on the 2Q 2016 Results INTRALOT Group CEO Antonios Kerastaris noted:
“Intralot’s 2nd Quarter results reflect the impact of successful efforts in portfolio re-organization through a dynamic roadmap of new products and services and the geographical rebalancing of our presence, assisted by completed organizational changes and cost containment. We are particularly encouraged by high growth rates in mature markets such as the US as a clear sign of competitiveness gains and we are committed to further business development in North America and other promising regional markets such as Africa and East Asia. ”