he Bitcoin sportsbook went live shortly before Euro 2016, and has already paid out in excess of 800,000 mBTC to players.
Among the highlights were:
· 864,000 mBTC (€509,800) paid out to players, at an average withdrawal speed of 63 seconds
· More than 19,000 individual bets processed
· Bets resulted in an average of 27 seconds
· The biggest individual win from a single bet was 8,650 mBTC (€5,074) won by a punter on an MLB match against Kansas City Royals v Houston Astros
· Thousands of active and depositing players registered for the first time
· 33% bets placed on mobile
· 10 lucky players sent to the finals of the European Championships by SportsBet.io
· 22 lotteries held, paying out 76,000 mBTC (€44,840) to 1568 players
SportsBet.io also has plans to launch a new lottery mechanism for the start of the new football season to ensure great prizes are given away in a provably fair and open manner.
SportsBet.io spokesperson Joe Jordan, said: “As part of our desire to be an open and transparent Bitcoin sportsbook, we felt it would be nice to share some numbers with the community from our first month of activity.
“As the numbers show, it has been a hugely successful launch for both ourselves and many of our punters who have cashed big wins during Euro 2016. We look forward to offering more great Bitcoin betting opportunities throughout the summer and into the next football season.”
SportsBet.io launched last month and boasts over 350,000 pre-match events per year, with a peak of 70,000 events during prime months.
It also features a comprehensive live offering with hundreds of ‘in-play’ markets available on major sports fixtures.