International edition
October 20, 2021

Aims to strengthen its position in Scandinavian markets

Cherry acquires ComeOn

Cherry acquires ComeOn
Cherry AB has signed an agreement to acquire 49% of the shares in ComeOn Malta with an option to acquire the remaining 51%.
Sweden | 05/03/2016

Cherry AB has signed an agreement to acquire 49% of the shares in ComeOn Malta with an option to acquire the remaining 51%.

C

omeOn is a leading company in the rapidly expanding online gaming market on desktop, tablet and mobile. ComeOn’s offering complements Cherry with well-known brands and strong positions, mainly in online casino and sports betting.

 

The acquisition has to be approved by the shareholders in Cherry AB during an extra shareholders meeting. This meeting is expected to take place at the end of May or the beginning of June

 

The acquisition will significantly strengthen Cherry’s position in Scandinavian markets. The acquisition also provides great opportunities for continued international expansion.

“This acquisition will strengthen Cherry’s position in online gaming against competitors in Scandinavia and other European markets. Both Cherry and ComeOn are growing considerably faster than the market as a whole, which facilitates further investments in existing brands and continued expansion in new markets. We will add several strong brands and will profit from the strong entrepreneurial spirit within ComeOn,” said Fredrik Burvall, CEO Cherry AB.

With its successful multi-brand strategy, ComeOn enjoys a strong position in each of its main markets. ComeOn markets games under several well-established brands such as ComeOn.com, Mobilbet.com, CasinoStugan.com, folkeautomaten.com, Suomikasino.com, GetLucky.com and Kasyno.pl.

ComeOn had 1,112,932 registered customers of which 133,324 were active as of end of December 2015. Cherry will strengthen its customer base considerably within sports betting, which accounted for approximately one third of ComeOn’s revenues in 2015.

“We are looking forward to joining forces with Cherry. Just like us, Cherry is growing quickly with a multi-brand strategy and we see a lot of potential synergies between the companies. We look forward to staying operationally involved with the new ownership, while still having a big stake in the future growth of the consolidated Cherry,” remarked ComeOn’s spokesperson Hans Martin Nakkim.

ComeOn’s management and founders will continue to work in the combined business going forward. Identified synergies consists mainly of a broader product and brand portfolio, economies of scale such as reduced costs for payment solutions and game suppliers, and more efficient marketing.

The acquisition has to be approved by the shareholders in Cherry AB during an extra shareholders meeting. This meeting is expected to take place at the end of May or the beginning of June.

 

What is your opinion about this article?
  • I like it
    %
    0 votos
  • I don't like it
    %
    0 votos
  • I have not thought about it
    %
    0 votos
Leave your comment
Newsletter Subscription
Subscribe to receive the latest news and updates
Enter a valid email
Complete the captcha
Thank you for registering to our newsletter.
Follow us on Facebook