International edition
September 21, 2021

According to executive Director Angela Leong

SJM to apply for more gaming tables

(Macau).- SJM Holdings will soon apply for more gaming tables, executive director Angela Leong On Kei said, quoted by public broadcaster TDM. The announcement came after the Secretary for Economy and Finance Francis Tam Pak Yuen said last week that some casino resorts already in operation would be entitled to increase their number of live gaming tables within this year.

S

ands China’s COO David Sisk has already said he expects to get 200 new gaming tables allotted to Sands Cotai Central casino resort within the first quarter of 2013.

Ms Leong also urged the government to speed up the official grant of SJM Holdings’ land in Cotai.

In October last year, the company announced it had already accepted the government’s draft land concession contract for a 70,500-square-metre plot in Cotai. However, the government has yet to publish the contract in the official gazette, to make it official.

After the official publication last week of MGM China Holdings’s Cotai land contract, only SJM Holdings is waiting to have its land concession made official.

“We are feeling left behind more or less. But it doesn’t mean a disadvantage in the long-term development. As the last one to get the approval, we can look into the others’ progress and complement what Macau lacks,” Ms Leong said.

What is your opinion about this article?
  • I like it
    %
    0 votos
  • I don't like it
    %
    0 votos
  • I have not thought about it
    %
    0 votos
Leave your comment
Newsletter Subscription
Subscribe to receive the latest news and updates
Enter a valid email
Complete the captcha
Thank you for registering to our newsletter.
Follow us on Facebook