International edition
June 15, 2021

Government said

Macau: Little space available for more gaming tables

(Macau).- The Secretary for Economy and Finance Francis Tam Pak Yuen said there is little supply available for new gaming tables until next year. Tam’s comments raise questions regarding the opening of Sands Cotai Central’s second phase by Sands China, scheduled for September 20.

T

he number of live gaming tables at Macau’s casinos reached 5,498 by the end of June, just two units below the official 5,500 cap, in-place until next year.

It will add a second casino with a capacity for 200 mass tables, as well as 1,300 slot units. The problem is where the tables will come from.

Last month, the company’s chairman Sheldon Adelson admitted in a conference call that there would be some difficulties in having all the 200 new tables available on day one.

“On September 20, we will not have all of those, but we will be getting them throughout the rest of the year,” Adelson said, adding Sands China will have to shift tables around among its casinos.

Tam also ensured that the Office for Personal Data Protection will dully investigate the alleged unauthorized data transfer of files previously stored on the office computers of dismissed former chief executive Steven Jacobs, by Sands China from Macau to the United States. Tam said that the local authorities would not tolerate any irregularities.

What is your opinion about this article?
  • I like it
    %
    0 votos
  • I don't like it
    %
    0 votos
  • I have not thought about it
    %
    0 votos
Leave your comment
Newsletter Subscription
Subscribe to receive the latest news and updates
Enter a valid email
Complete the captcha
Thank you for registering to our newsletter.
Follow us on Facebook