International edition
September 26, 2020

The firm has already sought approval of its design plans

Sands to break-ground on parcel three in November

(Macau).- Sands China chairman Sheldon Adelson said that the company is eyeing to start construction work on parcel three, in Cotai, in November. “We have already undertaken extensive design work on the project and plan to start construction by November,” Adelson was quoted as saying in a company press release.

This property in particular will further enhance our growing MICE (meetings, incentive, conventions, exhibitions) business and will also feature a variety of amenities designed to encourage more families to visit Macau,” Adelson added.

He then said that Sands has already sought approval of its design plans and will soon publicly unveil artist renderings and the key features of the new project, to be located besides the Four Seasons hotel-casino. The parcel three project will be connected to the Venetian Macao via that property’s MICE facilities, according to the press release.

All of the company’s properties in Cotai, including the Venetian Macao and the recently opened Sands Cotai Central, will be connected through a series of indoor and covered outdoor walkways and moving sidewalks.

Earlier this week, Sands China announced that the government had extended the company’s deadline for the completion of its project on parcel three until April 2016. The previous deadline was April 2013.

Today’s edition of English-language newspaper Business Daily reports that the company will have to pay a nominal fine of us$ 112,500 for being unable to develop the parcel by the original deadline.

What is your opinion about this article?
  • I like it
    %
    0 votos
  • I don't like it
    %
    0 votos
  • I have not thought about it
    %
    0 votos
Leave your comment
Newsletter Subscription
Subscribe to receive the latest news and updates
Enter a valid email
Complete the captcha
Thank you for registering to our newsletter.
Follow us on Facebook