imes, who received the award for ‘Outstanding Service to the Remote Industry’, joined Ron Goudsmit and Jan Jones, ‘Outstanding Service to the Land-based Industry’ and Neil Goulden, ‘Lifetime Achievement Award’, as the four individuals who were recognised by their peers. A further 12 awards were presented to companies who, in the eyes of a distinguished panel of judges, produced stand-out games, products and services.
Reflecting on his award Ron Goudsmit said: “It was a great honour to receive the personal award which was a very pleasant surprise. I received many congratulations including one from the Minister of Security & Justice who is responsible for the gambling policies in the Netherlands.” He added: “I am convinced the role of the Totally Gaming Awards will become much stronger for the industry.“
Jan Jones, who said she was ‘extremely honoured’ to be recognised by her colleagues and peers, said: “I believe the Totally Gaming Awards can become an important forum where we can honour those in our industry who have achieved the highest levels of excellence. It is an important occasion to bring members of the industry together to network and celebrate our successes in a meaningful way.”
Sponsored by Novomatic and compered by broadcaster Katie Derham, the Awards presentations attracted over 300 gaming industry professionals from both the online and land-based sectors to the prestigious 8 Northumberland Avenue venue in London’s West End. Designed to recognise innovation, the 12 category winners were:
• Best Online Casino of the Year; 888.com (presented by the Remote Gambling Association)
• Best Street Supplier of the Year; JCM Global (presented by GamBet News)
• Best Lottery Product of the Year; raff.me by Raff Ltd. (presented by European Lotteries)
• Best Betting Product of the Year; Inspired Gaming Group (sponsored by Play 'N' Go)
• Best Land-based Casino of the Year; Casino Cosmopol (presented by Caesars Entertainment)
• The Media Award; Novomatic - The World of Gaming (presented by The GREaT Foundation)
• Best Casino Operator of the Year; The Lido Club by Holland Casino Amsterdam (sponsored by GB Media)
• Best Mobile Gaming Product of the Year; Betfair for iPhone (presented by Remote Gaming Association)
• Best Bingo Product of the Year; Jackpotjoy - Gamesys (presented by Bingo Life Magazine)
• Best Manufacturer of the Year; Austrian Gaming Industries (presented by Intergame)
• Best Marketing Campaign of the Year; Casinos Austria (sponsored by Scott & Jones)
• Best Online Gaming Product of the Year; 888poker.com (sponsored by Wirecard)
Kate Chambers, Portfolio Director responsible for ICE Totally Gaming, said: "We are delighted the first Totally Gaming Awards were so successful in celebrating the gaming industry in all of its forms. I would like to thank all of our sponsors and supporters, including the ECA and the NCIF for helping to make the night such a success. We’re now in an excellent position to make the 2013 Totally Gaming Awards an even greater event for our industry."
Novomatic was the Totally Gaming Awards' leading sponsor. The Champagne Reception was sponsored by TCS John Huxley, with food and entertainment sponsored by Spielo and Gtech G2.