International edition
September 18, 2020

A list of candidates to be drawn up after January 31

Over 300 companies express interest in Isle of Man casino license

(Isle of Man).- The Isle of Man has approved a second casino and so far more than 300 companies have expressed interest in or been contacted about the license. Economic Development Minister John Shimmin says the government will begin reviewing applications after a January 31 deadline has passed.

A

shortlist of candidates is to be drawn up after the deadline of January 31, he said. The decision to award a second casino licence has drawn criticism from the Sefton Group, the operator of the island’s only other casino at the Palace Hotel in Douglas.

The company warned that with such a small population, the island could not sustain two profitable casinos.

Nowhere in the UK, said Brett Martin, the group’s chief executive, has as many casinos in such a small catchment area.

What is your opinion about this article?
  • I like it
    %
    0 votos
  • I don't like it
    %
    0 votos
  • I have not thought about it
    %
    0 votos
Leave your comment
Newsletter Subscription
Subscribe to receive the latest news and updates
Enter a valid email
Complete the captcha
Thank you for registering to our newsletter.
Follow us on Facebook