hy did you decide to attend to SAGSE Panama?
MEI is the market leader in Panama and is attending SAGSE Panama to support local customers. In addition, MEI will be exhibiting its portfolio of products including: CASHFLOW SC, SC Advance, EASITRAX Soft Count and more. With the customizable nature of MEI products, we will work with operators to find the right solution to make MEI their cash management partner.
What is your main objective for this show?
At SAGSE Panama, MEI will introduce SC Advance, the next generation of the CASHFLOW SC, to the Latin American market. In addition, MEI will support its existing customers and operators who are present at SAGSE.
Will the firm launch new products? Which are their main characteristics?
MEI recently introduced SC Advance, which applies new technology and market knowledge to make a great product even better. SC Advance further raises the bar for performance features that directly impact operator profitability: acceptance, jam rate, security and cost of operation.
Increased value created by SC Advance is highlighted by the following enhancements:
• an improved recognition system, which provides proactive security by utilizing transmissive sensors to see all the way through notes in multiple wavelengths.
• faster bill-to-bill speed, which upgrades the player experience and speeds up transactions to expand throughput.
• expanded memory, which limits part numbers and submissions by allowing more notes to be recognized in a specific release of firmware.
• comprehensive barcode recognition, which processes barcode coupons in all four directions and improves acceptance on multi-width currencies.
• upgrade to USB 2.0, which speeds up communications with the host machine and even potentially expands functionality.
Because the enhancements are localized to the acceptor head, SC Advance can work hand-in-hand with legacy CASHFLOW SC units already in the field. This capability is facilitated by intelligent support tools, which are able to sense the product version and provide the appropriate software.
SC Advance is not only compatible with previous versions, but also with product extensions that have expanded the reach of bill acceptors from the slot machine to the entire cash management process. EASITRAX Soft Count, as an example, has changed rapidly the expectations for what a bill acceptor can offer. The integrated software/hardware solution uses information collected in the bill validator and makes it accessible in a database that can be networked to multiple locations and be accessed to analyze slot performance.
How is the company positioned in Panama, Central America and the Caribbean?
Recently, in Panama, two casinos opened with 100% MEI bill validators. Central America is still a developing territory, along with the Caribbean. MEI is the leader in Puerto Rico, the most important market in the region.
What are your plans for this region?
MEI is committed to innovation—it does not rest on its laurels despite the leadership position it has built. MEI will continue to listen to customer needs and expand its products. Product extensions, such as EASITRAX Soft Count, continually expand the value that MEI provides the gaming industry.