International edition
June 19, 2021

As the regeneration project in the area was unveiled

Earls Court to run events until at least September 2012

(UK).- Events at Earls Court could run until September 2012 or beyond, EC&O Venues' commercial director Anna Golden has said. Regeneration plans for the 31 hectares Earls Court site were published this week after a consultation with the public and it will go through the planning process this summer.

T

he masterplan by Capital and Counties (Capco) is to create four villages and a high street in the area as well as up to 7,500 homes and 12,000 permanent new jobs.

EC&O has said previously that events would not stop any earlier than the Olympic Games in summer 2012, and now the company has confirmed it has contracted events business up until September next year.

CapCo’s seven-phased approach proposes the demolition of Earls Court 1 Exhibition Centre in Q3, 2012, while proposed work on the area incorporating Earls Court 2 isn’t expected to commence until at least 2015, raising the possibility that EC&O could continue to take bookings in that venue until then.

Golden said: “Timelines have been alluded to but nobody knows how long the planning process takes. The date has already started to move, originally it had been no earlier than the Olympics and now it is no earlier than September 2012. My belief is it will be moved again.”

With US$ 32 million investment going into nearby Olympia – which is also run by EC&O – over the next year, Golden said that “West London will still have a very good value" when it comes to event space and opportunities.


What is your opinion about this article?
  • I like it
    %
    0 votos
  • I don't like it
    %
    0 votos
  • I have not thought about it
    %
    0 votos
Leave your comment
Newsletter Subscription
Subscribe to receive the latest news and updates
Enter a valid email
Complete the captcha
Thank you for registering to our newsletter.
Follow us on Facebook