International edition
August 04, 2021

It would be completed by late 2013 or early 2014

Wynn Macau says Cotai project could break ground in 2011

(Macau).- Wynn Macau, a unit of Las Vegas casino operator Wynn Resorts, could break ground on a mega casino resort on Macau's Cotai Strip next year, Chairman and casino magnate Steve Wynn told reporters this week. The project would be completed by late 2013 or early 2014, Wynn said previously.

W

ynn Macau, whose rivals include Sands China and Melco Crown Entertainment, opened its second casino in the Chinese gambling enclave of Macau in April.

Gambling revenue growth in Macau could slow in the second half of the year, a senior executive of Wynn Macau also said, as spending moderates after a boom in the second half of 2009 when China was in the midst of a massive economic stimulus plan.

Still, the former Portuguese enclave is likely to beat a forecast for 30 % growth in gambling revenues this year by Macau's top gambling regulator, Wynn Macau chief operating officer Linda Chen told reporters at an event in Macau. "The government said it will grow 30 % for this year. I think that's a conservative view," she said.

What is your opinion about this article?
  • I like it
    %
    0 votos
  • I don't like it
    %
    0 votos
  • I have not thought about it
    %
    0 votos
Leave your comment
Newsletter Subscription
Subscribe to receive the latest news and updates
Enter a valid email
Complete the captcha
Thank you for registering to our newsletter.
Follow us on Facebook