International edition
June 23, 2021

He controls SJM Holdings, the casino operator with the biggest market share in Macau

Casino billionaire Stanley Ho leaves hospital

(Macau).- Macau casino billionaire Stanley Ho has been discharged from hospital on Monday, Radio Television Hong Kong reported. Ho, accompanied by his family, was seen waving to reporters at the front door of Hong Kong Sanatorium and Hospital.

T

he casino tycoon has regained weight lost before he was hospitalized and he has been walking, RTHK cited his daughter, Pansy Ho, as saying today. “He’s in very good condition and his health has fully recovered,” Pansy Ho said in comments broadcast on Hong Kong’s Cable TV News.

Ho, 88, had been hospitalized in Hong Kong since August. His last public appearance was in December, when Macau Chief Executive Fernando Chui took the oath of office. Ho controls SJM Holdings Ltd., the casino operator with the biggest market share in Macau, in turn the world’s largest gambling hub. Ho, who also owns ferry operator and property developer Shun Tak Holdings Ltd., has never named a successor.

The gaming magnate’s companies have made no public statement on his condition. Janet Wong, a spokeswoman for Shun Tak, couldn’t be reached immediately for comment today.
Ho has undergone two “pretty big” surgeries, Lawrence Ho, his eldest surviving son, said in a Bloomberg Television interview broadcast December 9, without elaborating.

What is your opinion about this article?
  • I like it
    %
    0 votos
  • I don't like it
    %
    0 votos
  • I have not thought about it
    %
    0 votos
Leave your comment
Newsletter Subscription
Subscribe to receive the latest news and updates
Enter a valid email
Complete the captcha
Thank you for registering to our newsletter.
Follow us on Facebook