International edition
September 25, 2020

His office estimates the machines will rake in nearly us$ 1 billion in 14 months

Ohio governor wants to add slots

(US).- Governor Ted Strickland's plan to balance the budget with gambling money includes legalizing up to 15,250 slot machines at Ohio's seven horse racetracks, with most of the games plugged in by May 2010.

T

he governor's office estimates the machines will rake in nearly us$ 1 billion in 14 months - from May 2010 to the end of the 2011 fiscal year.

The plan would allow the state to collect 48 % of that revenue for education spending while the other 52 % would be split among the seven track owners and pay administrative and operational expenses, including payouts to lucky winners.

The state would also collect a one-time licensing fee from each owner, somewhere in the neighborhood of us$ 65 million for each location depending on how many machines are at each track.

What is your opinion about this article?
  • I like it
    %
    0 votos
  • I don't like it
    %
    0 votos
  • I have not thought about it
    %
    0 votos
Leave your comment
Newsletter Subscription
Subscribe to receive the latest news and updates
Enter a valid email
Complete the captcha
Thank you for registering to our newsletter.
Follow us on Facebook